Oards.com is a complete automotive portal of information which addresses a plethora of issues concerning vehicles and the problems that can occur with their internal components and systems. All it takes is for one component from any of these systems to malfunction and then the entire vehicle’s driving ability will be compromised. To recognize when there is a problem early on, you need to be educated on all the different automotive systems which exist in a car and the possible symptoms that can occur when a component in these symptoms malfunctions or becomes too worn out. Then, you will know that you need to take your vehicle to your local auto body shop and have the problem fixed right away before things get worse.
Below are the 6 main automotive systems that are discussed on this site:
- Engine Mechanical System – All car engines have mechanical systems which are comprised of cylinders, pistons, belts, an internal combustion engine, and motor oil. All of these are what give the engine its power to move the vehicle.
- Engine Electrical System – All car engines have electrical systems too. The three main components of an electrical system are the alternator, battery, and starter. The battery transfers energy to the starter to help get the engine going. The alternator then converts the mechanical energy into electrical energy, which provides the electrical power for the car.
- Brake System – A car cannot exist without a braking system which allows the driver to slow down and stop the vehicle. There are many parts of this system like the disc brake, brake pipes, brake pedal, handbrake, brake pads, brake drum, and so on.
- Suspension System – The suspension system is what stabilizes the vehicle and provides a comfortable driving experience for everyone in the vehicle. They mainly consist of shock absorbers and springs which cushion the passengers from the rough conditions of the road that the vehicle drives on.
- Transmission System – Your ability to control the power of the vehicle by shifting gears is due to the transmission system. This includes the planetary gear set, torque converter, clutch, bands, sensors, valve body and transmission fluid.
- Steering System – The steering system is how the driver is able to control the direction of the vehicle. This includes the steering wheel, power steering hoses, power steering pump, yoke, coupler, tie rod ends, power steering fluid, and more.
Aside from learning how to diagnose various car problems, the Oards automotive portal goes over tips on how you can become a better driver and reduce your chances of making mistakes while driving or purchasing a vehicle. These tips are meant to save you money and to help you make smarter choices that will sustain the lifespan of your vehicle without having to make too many repairs.