Top 5 Most Fuel-Efficient Hybrid Cars in The World
People know that hybrid cars are environmentally friendly. But what they will often forget is that their fuel economy is great too. Since hybrids utilize the power of an electric motor and gasoline engine, there is less fuel being consumed during the operation of the vehicle. This is especially true for people who do a lot of in-town driving. However, this does not mean that all hybrid cars will provide the same amount of fuel efficiency and fuel economy. Some hybrids will save you more money on gasoline than others will. You just need to educate yourself on the hybrid models which provide the best fuel economy and then compare their miles-per-gallon rates.
The Top 5 Most Fuel-Efficient Hybrids
Fuel economy is a term which pertains to the number of miles that you travel in conjunction with the amount of fuel that you consume. Normally, a vehicle’s fuel economy is based on the number of miles it can travel per gallon of gasoline. Since hybrid vehicles use less gasoline, they will generally be able to travel more miles per gallon. If you want to find the hybrid vehicles which have the most fuel efficiency, below are the top 5 ones that you should investigate and consider purchasing.
Read also: 3 Types of Hybrid Car Engines
1) Toyota Camry Hybrid – The Toyota Camry Hybrid gets 43 miles per gallon on city roads and 39 miles per gallon on highways. The starting price of the vehicle is about $26,790. The Toyota Camry is one of the top-selling vehicles in the United States. It should be no surprise that there is now a hybrid version of this vehicle. The hybrid costs only $4,000 extra in comparison to the regular Toyota Camry. It gets about 15 miles per gallon more on city roads too.
2) Ford Fusion Hybrid – The Ford Fusion Hybrid gets 44 miles per gallon on city roads and 41 miles per gallon on highways. The starting price of the vehicle is about $25,990. If you need more cargo room in your hybrid vehicle, then you will be happy with the Ford Fusion Hybrid. It has similar features to a sports utility vehicle or station wagon. It is perfect for bigger families or groups of people who frequently travel together.
3) Honda Civic Hybrid – The Honda Civic Hybrid gets 44 miles per gallon on city roads and 47 miles per gallon on highways. The starting price of the vehicle is about $24,735. You don’t see too many hybrids which get less mileage on city roads than they do on highways. This makes the Honda Civic Hybrid quite unique because it is one of the few hybrids which is more fuel efficient on highways. You will also have to pay $6,500 extra in comparison to the normal gasoline-powered Honda Civic.
4) Honda Accord Hybrid – The Honda Accord Hybrid gets 50 miles per gallon on city roads and 45 miles per gallon on highways. The starting price of the vehicle is about $29,305. The Accord Hybrid gets 15 miles per gallon more than the regular Honda Accord. Of course, it also costs about $7,000 more as well. But like anything worthwhile in life, you need to pay for what you get.
5) Toyota Prius – The Toyota Prius gets 51 miles per gallon on city roads and 48 miles per gallon on highways. The starting price of the vehicle is about $24,200. The Toyota Prius is not a name that people often think of when they think of hybrid vehicles. This is a shame because the Toyota Prius gets the highest miles per gallon in comparison to all the other vehicles on this list. It even has a stylish outer design too.