Mercedes Benz is a luxury automobile brand which is known all around the world. Not only do they create fabulous looking cars, but they always try to integrate the latest automobile technology into their vehicles. Over the last 10 years, Mercedes Benz has designed and manufactured their own line of hybrid vehicles. They include either a combination of electric and gasoline, battery and electric, or fuel cell and electric. The company’s goal has been to reduce carbon emissions that get released into the environment from their vehicles. Nowadays, they are competing with the automaker Tesla, Inc. in the electric luxury vehicle market.
5 Best Mercedes Benz Hybrid Cars
Below are the top 5 Mercedes Benz hybrid cars that are currently on the market today. You should consider any one of these if you are looking for a Mercedes Benz hybrid vehicle.
1) Mercedes Benz C350e – This model car is based on the Mercedes Benz C-Class model. It is a plug-in hybrid vehicle which is the most fuel-efficient and cost-effective model within the C-Class line of cars. Some experts consider this an entry-level hybrid model that is suitable for people who are new to owning hybrids in the first place. The starting price is $47,900.
2) Mercedes Benz S550e – Here is another plug-in hybrid vehicle that is more expensive, but it delivers great power. Along with its electric motor, it has a 6-cylinder turbocharged engine which matches the quality of a V8 engine. It is slightly faster than the regular Mercedes Benz S550 and it gets better gas mileage. The starting price of the Mercedes Benz S550e is $90,895. Anyone who wants an upgrade from the C350e should try the S550e instead.
3) Mercedes Benz GLC350e 4Matic – The Mercedes Benz GLC350e 4Matic is a popular plug-in hybrid vehicle throughout Europe. It only recently came to the United States in 2016. The price of the vehicle is $50,985, which is about $7,940 more than the similar GLC300. However, purchasing the GLC350e will make you eligible for a $4,460 tax credit from the federal government. If you pay $2,200 extra, you can have an Intelligent Hybrid Navigation System included with the vehicle. This will help inform you of which locations use more gas than electric and vice versa.
4) Mercedes Benz GLE550e– This plug-in hybrid vehicle is a sports utility vehicle which puts more emphasis on power than being environmentally friendly. The Mercedes Benz GLE550e can give you a 100% electric range for up to 10 miles at a time. It features a 3-liter V6 double-turbocharged engine along with an 85-kilowatt electric motor and an 8.7-kilowatt-hour lithium-ion battery. Recent claims suggest this model can go 60 mph in just over 5 seconds.
5) Mercedes-Benz E350e – Starting at $53,945, the Mercedes Benz E350e is a plug-in hybrid vehicle which is affordable and fuel efficient. When you set the vehicle to Hybrid mode, you can drive through town comfortably without even needing to use the gasoline engine. If you put the vehicle in E-mode, you might be able to get 12 miles out of the battery before you need to rely on the engine again. Overall, it is a decent hybrid vehicle that a novice hybrid car buyer should consider for the first hybrid car.
It will be hard to find a good Mercedes Benz hybrid vehicle for less than $50,000. If you are only interested in getting a hybrid vehicle, there are certainly cheaper model vehicles out there from different hybrid car manufacturers. However, if you are looking for luxury and style in your hybrid, then Mercedes Benz offers some of the most affordable plug-in hybrids on the market today.